Imagine the unimaginable situation of having to provide someone with CPR in your pool area. Will you know what to do?
The final phase of pool safety legislation becomes effective on 30 November 2015. By this date, ALLpools must display a valid CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) sign. If you are selling or leasing yourproperty, this requirement is effective now.
A valid CPR sign has the following characteristics:
- Minimum size 300mm x 300mm (30cm x 30cm)
- Be made of durable and weatherproof material
- Be attached so it is easily visible to a person in the pool
- Have the latest CPR instructions displayed
- Should clearly state how a person should act in the event of an emergency